Friday, December 5, 2014

The Age of Distraction




Sometimes I wonder, how did the great names in the scientific history came up with those great big ideas and theories. I remember when I read Freud's Interpretation of Dreams. He mentioned a lot of references to the field of dream interpretation. I found it very impressive since we know that there was no google nor wikipedia when he wrote the book. Can you imagine how many hours he spent, reading those books and research articles on dreams? Not to mention the time he spent writing the book, going back and forth in his library when he wanted to quote something from one of the articles or books he read before.

As a full-time part-timer, I find it difficult managing my time juggling between tasks. Don't get me wrong, I do have more than enough time in my hand, it's just that most of the time, I succumb to those great temptations we know as internet and television. I can't sit still for too long doing the same thing for hours.  I even rarely read books nowadays due to my reduced reading attention span. I used to love reading, spending one whole fine day, finishing a book. It used to be fun. But it feels like too much of an effort now when you can get instant gratification without having to do much.

Before I write this post, I should have done some literature research on the matter. But guess what, it's just too much of an effort. And I'm bored already now. So, see you guys on my next writings.


Ciao Bella!

No comments: