Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Land of The Rising Sun


I always wanted to go to Japan and finally I had the chance to go on December 2014. From Jakarta, we flew to Tokyo and from there, by Shinkansen we went directly to Kyoto and we planned to explore Tokyo after we visited Kyoto and Osaka.

The Famous Shinkansen

KYOTO

I didn't take many pictures because sometimes my camera gears were just too heavy to handle and I didn't even know how to use it. So, here some of the pictures I took while I was there. 

Gion, one of the most exclusive and well-known geisha districts in Japan


The Famous Fushimi Inari Taisha









A local blogger, taking her ootd picture


Arashiyama



OSAKA

Spent only one night in Osaka and because we were very tired, simply put, we just went to areas around our hotel, spent our day having lunch and drink coffee. Since there was no interesting places we visited, the pictures I have from that day are only the pictures of ourselves. LOL.






GOTEMBA

I expect nothing when we were about to go to Gotemba, because all I know about the city, is the premium outlet located there. But I was in for a surprise, when we arrived, we were desperately looking for a cup of coffee since we woke up pretty early and had no time even to have breakfast. We stumbled upon this little coffee joint in the middle of nowhere, which turned out to be owned by a lecturer. He teaches photography and some of his students came and they had some discussions about the works they had done. The owner talked to us as well enthusiastically about his works. Though we experienced some language gap, I could feel his passion and his thirst for art.

The window display of the coffee shop I mentioned above

The second surprise was that we can see Mt. Fuji from up there.




TOKYO


Because at the time, my photography skills were close to zero, I decided to stop taking pictures and just enjoy my time in Tokyo without having to make a lot of effort snapping beautiful pictures which is a task that can be daunting.

I spent my time in Tokyo, most of the time, going out alone. Exploring the streets, the abundant thrift shops, sitting alone having coffee in the local coffee shops, observing people. My favourite areas are Harajuku and Omotesando. Stylish areas with a lot to offer.


Waking up to this beautiful landscape in Tokyo




The bag I found in a thrift shop, somewhere in Omotesando

No comments: